Dampfbagger G.G.16, Reederei Gebrüder Goedhart, Düsseldorf

Begonnen von offshore, 07 Januar 2023, 03:06:14

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

offshore

A year ago I was able to identify Dampfbagger G.G.16 that sank in the Baltic Sea on December 12, 1914. Her wreck remains on the bottom 10 NM NW of Rixhöft.
An article available on my webpage. There is auto translator to german, not perfect but understandable. Just press the icon at right upper corner:
https://www.podwodnedziedzictwo.pl/dampfbagger-g-g-16-czyli-poglebiarka-piasnica-2/
You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.

Urs Heßling

hi, offshore,

Zitat von: offshore am 07 Januar 2023, 03:06:14
A year ago I was able to identify Dampfbagger G.G.16 that sank in the Baltic Sea on December 12, 1914.
Are you sure that G.G.16 sank on December 12 ?
I ask because the russian armoured cruisers Admiral Makarov and Rurik laid mines to the west and north of Rixhöft in the night of December 14/15.

greetings, Urs
"History will tell lies, Sir, as usual" - General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne zu seiner Niederlage bei Saratoga 1777 im Amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskrieg - nicht in Wirklichkeit, aber in George Bernard Shaw`s Bühnenstück "The Devil`s Disciple"

offshore

Hi Urs,
The newspaper `` Die Presse`` article was published on Thursday, December 17, 1914. The article mentions that the dredger sank on Saturday. According to the 1914 calendar, Saturday fell on December 12.
We can also rule out mine sinking as the article clearly states that the dredger sank due to a storm.
You can either be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It all depends on how you view your life.

Impressum & Datenschutzerklärung